Sunday, February 19, 2012

Busy sewing........

I busted out the sewing machine last week.

When I saw Sweet Verbena's 'Its a Cinch Bag' I loved it!  She made hers out of a jersey material it is so cute that I had to make one.  Now she does promise a tutorial is coming soon on her website, however I could not wait.....









 Here is my version
 I found a couple of remnants at Walmart and knew they would look great as this bag.  The fabric is a canvas material of some sort.  It is quite sturdy. 
The lining is made up of scraps from old clothes.  I used iron on interfacing to firm it up a bit.





My next project is a book bag that I am making with my friend Robin who is learning to sew. 

1 comment:

  1. That's a very wonderful job! I like the matterial you picked too.

    ReplyDelete