Tuesday, June 1, 2010
I have been wanting to try this mask by Totusmel for quite a while. I have been putting it of because it seemed quite difficult. After getting started I found it was not as intimidating as it first seemed. All told it took me about a week to complete (I took several breaks to ease my frustrations). Not too bad for a first try. This was done using a pattern by Pamela Quevedo (Totusmel). The instructions link is here. I varied from the instructions a bit due to the size of the eye wires. I used Aunt Lydia's Crochet Thread size 10. I don't feel this was the best choice. It does not hold its shape well. Next time I will use tatting thread.