Monday, August 2, 2010

Beret Cap with Brim

I found the pattern for this cap here.
This cap is crocheted with some left over Vanna's Choice in mocha. It took about 1/2 a skein. I checked several patterns before I found this one. It had the clearest instructions.












I really like the style of this cap, however I had a hell of a time with the brim. I pulled it out and redid it 5 times. I could not get it right. I want the brim to go out rather than down. It covers my eyes and I can't see when I wear it. I tried brims from several different patterns, followed a couple of different YouTube videos and still had the same problem. Am I missing something?
Any suggestion?

2 comments:

  1. I am not sure, but I really like it. Have you tried blocking to make it go the way you want it to? I've had to do that with some collars on things and it works.

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advise Sonia. I did try, and it made it better, however I am still not happy with it. Maybe I am too picky.

    ReplyDelete