Monday, February 1, 2010

When I started this blog I was very passionate about scrapbooking. I had joined a scrapbooking club that required you to have a blog, and here I am. Now I do still scrapbook but I am no longer in that club. I have not posted anything here since I left that group. Lately I have been really focusing on Crocheting and Needle Tatting. So as the passion goes, so goes the Blog!

I started crocheting when I was 8. My grandmother taught me the basics back then. At that time I did not get past a single crochet. I have since taught myself by info gathered first from neighbors, then from books or magazines, some from friends and more recently on the Internet. I have made several scarves in the past few years, However some of the techniques that I taught myself I have found that I do them incorrectly. I have had to relearn several stitches. I would love to be able to create my own patterns to share or sell. I often come up with projects, but I seem to put it all together as I go, frequently pulling out and redoing several rows. This makes it tough to keep consistent notes, especially when a lot of my crocheting is done on the go.


So I will be posting pictures of recently completed projects, as well as some of my first works (some are kinda sad) tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I've never learned how to crochet. My mom was more the quilting/sewing type. Never had an interest in it, either. :) However, I love to scrapbook! Do you like knitting as well?

    Sadie@
    nelliebugs.blogspot.com
    nelliebugs-swaps.blogspot.com

    **I'm nelliebugsdotcom from swap-bot.. I was already following you but just wanted to make sure you noticed since the swap ended today!**

    ReplyDelete